Man arrested for stabbing during fight | News
JACKSONVILLE, Ark. (KTHV) - A man is under arrest for allegedly stabbing a man during a fight.
The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office was called to a house on Peters Road about a fight. When deputies arrived they found a man sitting with the victim giving him first aid. The victim was awake but was bleeding from the left side of his back.
The man with the victim told deputies the victim and a "heavyset" man named "Richard" got into an argument outside a neighboring house. The man says the victim told him "Richard" had driven to the house, got out of his vehicle and yelled "Why are you talking about me" to the victim.
The man says that the victim punched "Richard" and then "Richard" pulled out a knife and "stabbed the victim several times." Then "Richard" left in his vehicle. The man describes the knife as a foot-long butcher knife with a brown, possible wood handle.
A second man with the two confirmed the story. The two men didn't realize the victim was stabbed until they saw the bleeding.
A short time later MEMS arrived and rendered aid to the victim then was taken to the hospital where he was later flown by helicopter to Baptist in Little Rock. His condition is unknown.
The suspect, Richard Lockwood, was arrested by the Lonoke County Sheriff's Office at Shady Oak Trail and Kerr Station Road then released to PCSO.
Lockwood was taken to UAMS for treatment of a minor cut to his hand then taken to the Pulaski County Regional Detention Facility.
Upcoming Events near Cabot
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting