2-car accident kills 4 in Lonoke County | News
LONOKE COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) - A two vehicle accident in Lonoke County kills four people.
According to the fatal accident report from the Arkansas State Police, Sonya Wiggins, 42, of Woodson, Ark. was driving southbound on Highway 165 in a Chevy HHR when she crossed the center lane and struck a second vehicle head on.
In the second vehicle was a Chevy Impala being driven by Marcus Hancock, 32, with Jessica Sullivan, 30, and Daquavion Keaton, 9, inside. All three were from North Little Rock.
After the impact, ASP says both cars caught on fire. The occupants of both vehicles were entrapped and died.
Toxicology results are pending and ASP says the investigation is ongoing. Highway Patrol Division reconstruct experts began their work last night and Special Agents of the department's Criminal Investigation Division have also begun working on the case.
Upcoming Events near Cabot
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park