Report: Stephens lays off 4 at LR-area weeklies | News
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Half the reporters at a string of central Arkansas weekly newspapers have been laid off, according to a published report.
Arkansas Business reported in its online edition Tuesday (http://is.gd/iH7Sww ) that Stephens Media laid off four reporters on Monday. The layoffs leave four staff writers for the weekly newspapers in Cabot, Carlisle, Jacksonville, Lonoke, Maumelle, North Little Rock and Sherwood.
Byron Tate, the publisher of the weeklies and the Stephens-owned newspaper at Pine Bluff, did not respond to a call by The Associated Press for comment Tuesday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Cabot
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park